Concerts!!

03:55

Figured this will be worthy of being my third post. So here it is! Wew.

Basically, this year (2016 - sorry for the late post) was already set to be an amazing one.
I'd bought them tickets last year for (drum rolls please)...
THE VAMPS AND 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER CONCERTS!! AAHHHHHH!

They were and still are my favourite bands, since high school. #basically
Well, next to Westlife, Backstreet Boys and maybe One Direction, of course. 😛
When I heard that they were coming...I freaked.

I was always under the impression that they'd never come and I'd never get to see them perform live (such is life). Especially since they were newly formed band and weren't too popular at that time. Why would they come to SG?! it's too far away from wherever they live. :'))

FUN FACT!
When I collected the tickets from Sistic, you have no idea how long I went using them as a makeshift fan and just flaunting them to the people around me. I even showed it off to my dad, whom I got a talk from - about being crazy over celebrities, in general. :'))
ANYWAYS. I COULDN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!
So here's how they went down.


THE VAMPS

-the impromptu meeting-
Prior to the concert, the Vamps held a meet-and-greet session at the polytechnic my brother was attending. It was a very impromptu decision, seeing how my brother had just informed me in the morning that they were indeed going to his poly that afternoon. An opportunity to see the Vamps up close and personal 😏 ?  I'LL TAKE IT ANY TIME!
Also, it was extremely touching to see my bro so patronising about the whole "omg-i-NEED-to-meet-the-vamps" situation. He usually doesn't do anything for me.
My brother managed to find out which Lecture Theatre the boys were going to be in and told me how to get there. After I cabbed down, I found him waiting at the location with a drink from Coffee Bean for me ?? (How amazing could this day get?!) We waited really long and the Vamps arrived after the band that's opening their concert. SO, instead of just meeting a boyband, I met 2. (BAM!🔥)

I think the security didn't really expect that many fans to show up, since it was a school day. (who cares really. it's the Vamps!)  SO, I managed to get quite close to the vamps and by that I mean literally 5 cm from the Vamps, getting pictures (somewhat), saying hello to them, looking at them up close...damn...sounding like a weird stalker now. MOVING ON. I got to experience this all for free!
(save the cab ride down to NYP) #norAgrets
I also found out that Bradley (the lead singer and my favourite person in the band) is short of the height I look for in my ideal type...which was a real bummer. crushed my dreams of dating him (sorry for my teen girl moment; not that I'd actually stand a chance to date him anyways)




New friends and I (TQ Vamps bringing us strangers together)



The tide's coming in. (get it? huehue)


Can this be considered as a solo shot with Connor? LOL



-the concert!!!-

I had tutorials in the morning so I had to rush down to RWS for the concert. (Even so, I was earlier than my cousin? #justsaying lol)
Really regretted not buying the VIP tickets! It was just a tad more expensive than the normal ones and those with VIP tickets were able to go in for soundcheck (which sounded amazing from the outside, where those non-VIPs aka me were waiting). urgh. ALSO, people were smuggling their friends in??? Those without VIP tix were able to go in earlier than us because their VIP friends could take off their wrist tags and hand it to them to enter the venue. 😠 Seeing this really made me angry because it was just so unfair!  It decreased the chances of us (normal ticket holders) getting closer to the stage since more people are able to enter the venue before us, even though we queued longer than them. SO I decided to be the whistle-blower. :)
I went up to the guy "guarding" the entrance and told him how people were smuggling their friends in. And all he did was tell me that there's nothing he could do about it?! Made my excitement for the concert fade.

ALL's good once the concert began!
I learned a lot from previous concerts that I'd attended. The most important one was to come prepared. Weeks before the concert (okay, just the week before), I kept listening to and replaying the Vamp's album. I made sure that I knew all the songs and their lyrics.

The first concert that I'd ever been to was WESTLIFE! YAAZZZ (that's right, they actually came to SG before disbanding!) For that concert, everyone was seated. Well, mostly, since some inconsiderate people stood up the whole way through and blocked my view. urgh. They sound great live though! :))
The most unexpected concert I'd been to was Ed Sheeran's! Why "unexpected"? I kind of went for the concert not knowing a single song of his, other than "Thinking Out Loud". /: (please don't hate me)


Pre-concert with T and her sister!


omg it's Brad!


Post-concert me 😊😊😊 #bliss


More Brad!!


My cousin and I (and photo bombers)

The group I crashed to wait in line with 💁
...
up next was


5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

I remember booking the tickets for 5SOS with Tiara, during our tutorial. Needless to say, the prof was peeved. At one point, he asked us if we'd like to join the next tutorial slot, which was 3 hours away (like hell naww).

The concert was amazing, as I'd imagined, if not a zillion times better. Luke sang beautifully, Calum and the others were ever so charismatic. The night was lit. 🔥
Here's some pictures and videos I took! Enjoy 👅

Pre-concert! Excited af, obviously.


all my dreams brought to life in a picture


Just us, real calm and collected, during the concert


SLAY


Post-concert us!

Concert buddies LMAO

 If you've scrolled all the way here (and ain't me), TQ FOR READING! Hope it was...interesting?
Any thoughts, questions, comments? (leave them down below?...or somewhere...I'm pretty sure there's a place to write them...still new to this...sorrayy...I'll try my best to reply if you do!)

Till next time!

- Victoria ✌




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts